Primary Focus: Housing
Rationale: While speaking with members we have noticed a common concern is a lack of staff. Through our conversations a common point made to explain why, was a lack of places for staff to live. By supporting a slight increase to density in the urban core we are supporting more room for the type of employees Bracebridge businesses are looking to attract.
- Support of the Muskoka Community Land Trust through Bracebridge committee work and advocacy to local municipalities.
- Consistently monitoring development applications with a focus on supporting mixed-use and higher density housing in the urban core.
- Speaking with elected officials at all levels of government to bring forward concerns and ideas.
- Sharing opportunities to engage with local municipalities.
- Listening to members to consistently keep up-to-date on the issues affecting Bracebridge businesses.